- 1. Could mycotoxins play a role in most chronic diseases?
Yes, many people suffer from the symptoms caused by mycotoxins and only get treatment for their symptoms. By having the test results, a health care practitioner can find give the right treatment.
- 2. How do you know if you've been exposed to mycotoxins?
If you have been exposed to molds and feel unwell, you most likely have been exposed to mycotoxins. Molds are the gun, mycotoxins are the bullet.
- 3. What kind of testing is available for mycotoxin exposure?
The most accurate testing for mycotoxin exposure is by blood serum antibody testing for 12 different mycotoxins by far. Urine testing doesn’t test for as many mycotoxins nor is it precise, as urine is a body excretion, like sweat and stools.
- 4. Why is serum antibody testing so much better?
Serum antibody testing is the most accurate testing method available using today’s latest technology. It is the most specific and accurate testing method available.
- 5. What does each of the antibodies indicate in terms of exposure?
In general terms, IgG mycotoxin antibodies not only indicate exposure, but also that the body’s immune system is reacting to the mycotoxin. IgE antibodies are an indication of allergic response to mycotoxins.
- 6. What should patients do if they discover that they are currently being exposed to mycotoxins?
The most important thing a person can do if they discover they are being exposed to mycotoxins is to apply the first rule in toxicology: Get the patient away from the toxin or the toxin away from the patient.
- 7. What should patients do if they discover that they were once exposed to mycotoxins?
Patients exposed to mycotoxins should see a health care practitioner that is familiar with how to treat the toxic reaction to mycotoxins.
- 8. Do you recommend the use of cholestyramine?
I do not recommend the use of cholestyramine as it also binds up nutrients and vitamins. There are other simpler and cheaper products that can be used.
- 9. Where can practitioners order this test?
To order the test, go to mymycolab.com and after registering a test kit will be sent to you.
- 10. What is the cost of the test?
Our introductory cost is $380 for the panel of 24 test results: 12 different mycotoxins with IgG and IgE antibodies to each.
- 11. How can I get my house cleaned of mold?
Most cleaning companies offer a mold cleanup service, and all have different proprietary methods. We can recommend our partner: https://www.biosciencecorp.com/
- 12. Is the test available internationally?
The test is readily available in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Europe, and Russia. The registration process and test price are the same.
- 13. Where can I learn more about mycotoxins?
- 14. Are there any medications that can affect the test results?
Immunosuppressant and corticosteroid drugs can reduce antibody production and cause false negative results.